Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HSV gets LS3

3 posters

:: News :: Holden News

Go down

HSV gets LS3 Empty HSV gets LS3

Post by Admin_Holden Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:20 am

Mandy Eskander, Cars Guide wrote:
Holden Special Vehicles will upgrade the E-Series and VM Grange cars, giving them a bigger and more powerful engine.
In August 2006, a month after Holden released the new VE Commodore; HSV introduced its own new E-Series. It came with changes to the exhaust system and the LS2 engine gained an extra 10kW, powering it up to 307 kW.

The latest E-Series engine upgrade means that the power output for the ClubSport R8, GTS, Senator Signature, Maloo R8 and VM Grange’s power output will increase to 317kW.

Managing director Scott Grant believes the new engine, the LS3 is a welcome upgrade for Australia’s HSV models.

“We know our customers want the latest and greatest technology in their cars” he said.

“The general Motors LS3 engine continues the HSV tradition of sourcing the world for technological advancements to enhance the driving experience,” Scott Grant said.

The LS3 engine built by General Motors Powertrain in North America will also be used in the new Pontiac GXP. The GXP will be built by Holden in Australia, which will export it to the United States at the end of 2008.

The 6.2 litre LS3, produces 317 kW at 6000 rpm and 550 Nm of torque at 4600 rpm.

Production of the LS3 will begin this month and should be available in April 2008.

Damn that's good stuff HSV. While I'm at it I'd like to say that Holden are forced to shelf the Coupe 60 because of "fuel emissions". Crying or Very sad I loved that... sniff...
Admin_Holden
Admin_Holden
The Enforcer

Number of posts : 1390
Ford/Holden/Neutral? : Holden.
What is your favorite team/driver? : Tasman is my team, JR is my driver.
Registration date : 2007-12-09

http://www.v8superchat.co.nr (WELL DUH!)

Back to top Go down

HSV gets LS3 Empty Re: HSV gets LS3

Post by fordman6 Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:00 am

no torque raise eh? still, we know power doesn't make the whole of the modern performance car... Wink and that was not a brand bash!!!
fordman6
fordman6
Formerly Admin_Ford
Formerly Admin_Ford

Number of posts : 958
Ford/Holden/Neutral? : Ze mighty Blue Oval! Ja!
Registration date : 2007-12-16

http://www.v8superchat.co.nr

Back to top Go down

HSV gets LS3 Empty Re: HSV gets LS3

Post by --->Da[V]id<--- Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:26 am

No big change besides the name and 10 extra kW's
--->Da[V]id<---
--->Da[V]id<---
Fan Club President
Fan Club President

Number of posts : 713
Ford/Holden/Neutral? : Holden